Don't compete just get better with time.

When I was twenty-three years old I liked telling people my age, it was a nice age, not too old or too young.  At that time I had just started a new job, also the youngest person in my section.  All the people I work with were much older and had been there a long time.  When you are young you have energy and are willing to learn, open to new experiences.  There are some who can appreciate it from them being that age, however, there are others who don't.  You can't compete with someone who is older or has years on a job.   

With age and time there comes a different attitude about life, some good and some not.  After awhile I was no longer the youngest person or newest person on the job.  As you get older there comes something better, knowledge.  

As our life changes, we will see things differently, that comes in with life events like married, having children, struggles, and appointment.  They can affect how we look at age.  When your young you have less responsibility, can stay up late and get up in the morning.  As you get older and settle in with life, all that changes. A certain thing that you enjoyed like clubs and going out will be replaced for an early night, after your regular routine.  Don't compete just get better.

When I turned twenty-one I do not remember it being a big deal, everyone has one age that they look forward to, some 18, other 21.  Most young look forward to twenty-one to have the privilege of the adult.  At twenty three I was, not to old or young. Who would compete with the young, been there and don't that, however with each year there comes strength.

 











https://www.ivysmemorymakers.com/get-better.html

 

Comments