Life on the West Coast: We truly take some things for granted.

Life on the West Coast: We truly take some things for granted.  It wonderful living in a place where it is always sunny, never have to worry about rain, and it near the beach.




 
I have lived in the west, in near the beach, most of my life coast in sunny California.  People that live here can swim, surf or enjoy the ocean breeze anytime.  The sun sits high most of the time, it is a great place to live.  Living here we take it for granted that at anytime the beach is open for us to enjoy.  I have been to the beach so many times, these, however, I rarely go unless we are having guest visiting from out of town, or we have something special planned for the family.   I don't know how to swim, never learned.    

My home is close to the ocean, even though I can't see or hear it because of the traffic and many buildings blocking the view.  We take for granted that it is so because that is why California has many people, traffic, and building.  

I remember one person that I use to know well, had put a swimming pool in her backyard, she did not swim either.
Why she would pay thousands of dollars for a pool in her backyard, I never asked because of it the thing people here do.  
 She had children maybe she wanted them to learn, her family and friends just like mine would get together all the time.  We both take for granted and love to enjoy the things we can do in sunny California.  

I at the moment don't have to worry about walking in a foot of snow.  I don't know what a ice cold day feels like.  I just like many people here can where flip flops, short, and t-shirts in the winter.  We truly do take things for granted in life.     

#taking things for granted
#sunny California   




https://www.ivysmemorymakers.com/change2.html


Comments