Let's see what Comic Con has to offer.

I have lived in San Diego most of my life, and it has grown a lot over the last few years.  Comic Con is just one thing that is proof of the growth.  I remember the first year that they had Comic Con here; it was not long after the Convention Center was built.  I at that time worked not far from the center, so I walked over to look around during my lunch break.  At that time, I just went in because there was no fee to attend.  I was a big Star Trek fan, and it was very popular at the time.  I want to see what they were having in relation to any to the number of shows, Star Trek, Next Generation, and the others.  It was what attracted to me Comic Con at first.  I never thought about going anymore after I switch the place I was working.  When I started going again a couple of years ago just to see what was going on, I was greatly surprised by the expansion.  The work that is involved in being able to use so many parts in the area is amazing.  I still have not purchased a ticket to go in, I guess there would truly have to be another Star trek convention.  I do go down and walk around to see sights, it interesting to know what is being planning for the future.  The free part is like a gift for the people who live in the city of San Diego.  Even though by having successful events like Comic Con it shows that world how well San Diego can do at hosting.  

How many place can you go, where the weather is pretty much a guaranteed to be perfect.  Over looking the sea so it is not to hot and not to cold.  The people are friendly, and the area is well kept up.  I understand that a lot of places downtown change just to conform with Comic Con.  This year, there are few changes and it seems even nicer.  Would you believe I rarely come to this part of town even though it is ten minutes away from my home? 

We may still live simple in San Diego, at least I think so, however it is changing.  There is always something interesting going on, there is lots of room to grow and expand with the times.    


Comments